Worcester is steeped in history, from its founding as a Roman Fort through to it being the site of the final battle of the Civil War in 1651.
Today, our 102,000 citizens have a strong and proud association with the City. Whilst we will always respect our heritage, our focus is also on looking forward, ensuring that we search for every opportunity and pull every lever possible to build further on what we have.
Our City Plan, developed collaboratively by all political parties, sets out a shared vision of a future Worcester, with five overlapping and interconnected themes that will together shape the Worcester we want to see.
The five themes are:
- Stronger and Connected Communities
- A Prosperous City
- A Healthy and Active City
- A Heritage City for the 21st Century
- Sustaining and Improving our Assets
Our Culture and Values
We employ around 320 people and as a Council, our vision is to “achieve excellence in everything we do”. Our Values are fundamental to empowering our people and enabling us to achieve this vision.
- Committed People: Agile, talented and inspired people
- Good Governance: Effective decision-making and balanced risk
- Customer Focused: Customers at the heart of everything we do
- Creative Council: Being innovative in our use of resources
- Strong Performance: Delivering what we set out to achieve
You can find out more about our management team here and download an organisational structure chart.